“My passion for orthodontics is because of the role I get to play in helping provide my patients with beautiful, healthy smiles!
“I am originally from Ohio and came to Nashua after completing my dental and orthodontic training at Tufts School of Dental Medicine. My wife Mary is a native New Englander who grew up in Rhode Island, so settling here in Nashua was an easy way to stay in touch with her family. Both of us are very active in the community, supporting the schools and the symphony. Of course just keeping up with the individual schedules of our six children keeps us quite busy.” — Dr. Phillis
Dr. Phillis did his dental and orthodontic training at Tufts University School of Dental Medicine and graduated summa cum laude as well as valedictorian of his dental class in 1980. He is board certified by the American Board of Orthodontics. Since 1982, Dr. Phillis has taught at Tufts Dental School in the orthodontic department as an assistant clinical professor.
Dr. Phillis is an active member of the following dental and orthodontic associations:
- American Dental Association
- New Hampshire Dental Society, past trustee
- Greater Nashua Dental Society, past president
- American Association of Orthodontists, trustee representing the Northeastern Society of Orthodontists, 2006-2014
- Northeastern Society of Orthodontists, past president
- New Hampshire Association of Orthodontists, past president
Dr. Phillis is also a member of the following certifying and honorary organizations:
- Edward H. Angle Society, Eastern Component – president 2012 and recipient of its Distinguished Service Award 2014
- Diplomate of the American Board of Orthodontics (orthodontic certifying board)
- American College of Dentists, fellow
- International College of Dentists, fellow
- Omicron Kappa Upsilon (National Dental Honor Society)
Dr. Phillis and the entire dental office team regularly participate in continuing education courses to improve their skills. Individual staff members frequently attend orthodontic-related courses on their own to improve and expand skills in their own area.
In his time away from the office, Dr. Phillis enjoys spending time with his family and his dog, Leo. He likes to golf, play tennis, and ski. Around the house, Dr. Phillis is a pretty good cook and loves to do home projects of all types.